We have extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property (IP) transactions, and we combine our legal experience with business and technical knowledge to provide IP transactional services such as:
- software development and licensing agreements
- trademark, copyright and patent licensing agreements
- assignments of technology, know-how and related intellectual property
- manufacturing agreements
- reseller and distribution agreements
- research and development agreements
- data protection agreements
We also advise our clients on the development and implementation of their IP strategy and assist them in the management of their IP portfolio.
Information & Communication Technology
We assist hardware manufacturers, software developers, system integrators, e-commerce players and suppliers of other ICT-related services – such as consulting, support and maintenance services – and advice them in a broad range of ICT-related matters, including regulation of privacy and data collection rights, e-commerce, electronic signatures, outsourcing and cloud computing.
Data Protection & Privacy
We assist our clients in the development of their global data protection policy advising them among other matters on:
- how and what data they can collect, use and share;
- the development and implementation of (internal) processes;
- the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, including intra-group transfers;
- the compliance of their advertising and marketing activities with privacy laws;
- how to deal with and respond to security breaches;
Corporate Law – M&A
We advise entrepreneurs and investors on how to incorporate and organize their companies and focus in particular on optimizing the set-up of innovative businesses. We counsel our clients in relation to corporate operations and questions pertaining to corporate governance, directors’ liability and the relations between shareholders. We also assist (international) groups in the corporate housekeeping of their (Belgian) entities.
With a very strong expertise in complex operations involving several jurisdictions, we represent a diverse range of domestic and international companies, VC’s and business angels in M&A in addition to fundraising operations and joint ventures.
Banking and Finance
We offer some of the largest domestic banking entities the full range of banking, financial and securities law services and related regulatory matters. We especially assist international clients in relation to Belgian legal aspects of multi-jurisdictional financial operations and the implementation of various kinds of securities. Moreover, we represented clients for the drafting of financial prospectuses.
We advise and assist our clients on contentious and non-contentious matters in relation to commercial agreements and transactions across different sectors covering licensing, marketing, distribution, franchising, international sales, e-commerce, management and services … In addition, we counsel our clients on matters of unfair trade practices and consumer protection.
We assist our client in tax matters mainly relating to
- corporate law operations,
- copyright remuneration,
- tax shelter startup
- tax shelter for audiovisual and live productions.