Beyond Law Firm is a law firm focusing on the main areas of business law. Thanks to our drive and entrepreneurial spirit, we assist our clients in their strategic decisions establishing strong partnerships. We challenge our clients continuously providing them our specific point of view looking beyond the mere application of legislations, since there is more to law than laws.
All members of our team (composed of 2 partners and 5 associates) are specialized in their own practice areas given that we cover several aspects of law, including commercial law, corporate law and M&A, tax law, ICT, intellectual property and data protection & privacy.
As a Experienced Associate specialized in corporate law, your main duties will include :
- Being involved in a wide variety of files related to corporate law :
- venture capital transactions and fundraisings,
- non-for-profit associations,
- commercial contracts,
- security law,
- disputes mainly between shareholders or relating to directors’ liability,
- corporate housekeeping.
- Managing files and clients together with the other members of the team or individually depending on the files;
- Being involved in the development of the department through visibility actions, such as workshops or legal news;
- Being involved in the know-how development of the department.
What we expect :
- You have successfully obtained a Belgian Master’s degree in law, an additional Master is a plus;
- You have an outstanding academic track record and excellent analytical skills;
- You have between 4 and 7 years of experience in the corporate law department of a reputed law firm, experience in tax law is a plus;
- You are a French native speaker with excellent command of English and a good command of Dutch;
- You are dynamic, rigorous, well-organized, a team player, curious about new developments in economy and law, business-minded and solution-focused. You can work well both in team and individually.
What we offer :
- The opportunity to work on challenging files in a Belgian leading law firm in the startup and scaleup sector;
- An innovative approach of legal services;
- The development of your entrepreneurial skills;
- Language courses;
- The opportunity to develop your clientele within a growing law firm;
- A pleasant working environment with a young and dynamic team;
- A good work-life balance and
- A competitive compensation.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Thomas Daenen at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated confidentially.